Ask yourself “What is important to me?”
Do your research
Prepare a list of questions you need answered
Getting the best quality education is no doubt at the top of your list, but what else do you want this time of your life to provide for you? A strong social network, industry experience, social life, study support? Reflect on what you would like the next few years of school to look like.
In order to make an informed decision, you’ll need to spend some time researching the course you’re interested in on the website. There are going to be many Billy Blue staff members at Open Day who can answer questions so you’ll want to use your time wisely.
Before attending Open Day, check the website for information about the course you’re interested in and what it’s like studying with us.
When you arrive on the day you’ll be handed a map or a guide around the campus which will generally indicate where you can get more information. Once you have checked the big questions off your list then you are free to enjoy all of the activities, activations, and demonstrations happening on campus. Don’t miss the Q&As with current students and university leaders as this will give you a real flavour of uni life and you’ll quickly know whether it feels like the right place for you!
Having a list of questions prepared in advance is a great way to guarantee you ask the right questions. Here are some to get you started:
Course related questions
- How is the course taught and assessed?
- How satisfied are current students with the course?
- How many hours of teaching are involved each week?
- How does a Success Coach work? Do I also get one in my program?
- What opportunities are there for placements or internships?
- Is it manageable to have a weekend job and study full-time?
- Are there scholarships I can apply for?
- Are there social facilities on campus and in town?
- What sort of student support services are available?
- Are there part-time job opportunities available for students?
- What sort of financial help is available if I run out of money?
- How does FEE-Help work?
- Does Billy Blue run any employability workshops?
- What careers do graduates from this course go into?
- What do employers think about the course?
Talk to the right people
If you are interested in studying your bachelor of branded fashion design then you might want to speak to an Alumni (graduate) about their experience of the course. You can ask them about careers and how they broke into the industry. These experienced and approachable Alumni have been asked to attend Open Day to provide you with exactly this information so to take advantage of this great opportunity!
Check out the facilities
Another great thing about open day is that you get the chance to see where you’ll be studying in person. Checking out the facilities is not limited to the campus, it’s also worth finding checking out the local area for little pubs, coffee shops and places where you can go to escape.
Don’t miss out, register for Open Day today!